Friday, December 12, 2008

It's a snow day!

Charlotte and I woke up this morning to half a foot of beautiful, fluffy soft snow; what I call "jingle-bell snow". School is closed, so we've spent the morning lazily watching TV (Sesame St., Clifford, Between the Lions, etc.) and drinking cocoa. It's a good thing we had that day at the MOST yesterday, or we would REALLY be tearing our hair out!

A full day home with Charlotte can feel very long. She is full of energy and bounces from one thing to the next. All I really seem to do on these days is damage control. I get quite a workout. Seems like I should weigh 20# less than I do, but all the cooking and eating probably balances the running around and up and down stairs.

Now that she's napping, I have an opportunity to write, though I should really shovel the steps and sidewalk. Later on I'll bake some bread and maybe try my hand at a pot of posole. I'll have to improvise since I don't have every item in the recipe. But I have the essentials: pork, hominy, onions, garlic. I'll report on the outcome.

No comments: